GARAGE SALE



I don't know what it is about garage sales, but I have been to 2 or 3 a day for the last week. Maybe its that I haven't made any friends yet and I have a lot of time on my hands. There is just something about shopping outside and finding a great bargain that sucks me in time and time again. Most of the ones I've gone to have been flops, but today I hit the mother load. 
I got these two wicker chairs for $5. 
NOT five dollars a piece, but a TOTAL of $5



This lamp with the awesome base was $10



This matching picture set was $10 total. 
I am going to take out the pictures and 
just use the frames. They are huge. 
Compare them to the couch they are 
leaning against. 


Again I am just going to use the frame. 
I might spray paint it black or 
something very cool and chic ; ) 



But the best find was this gigantic mirror. It goes way above the back of the couch. It cost me $10. Anyone who has paid for a mirror of that size, or frames for that matter, knows what an amazing deal that is. I was so happy, and I had to give myself a pat on the back for being so thrifty. Everything for a TOTAL of $45. Then I need to slap myself and quit going to these sales, because it does add up. But after everything, I really, really, love GARAGE SALES. 

4 comments:

Maja said...

You go girl! I love the great stuf you found. I think it is great that you can find stuff that works. I hate garage sales though sorry. My mom always drug me to them when I was little. I can't do it now. How is school going for John? Is it as bad as you thought it would be?

Pitcherpost said...

Those are some good finds! I'm especially jealous of the mirror. Maybe I should start going to some. Our home is in need of a makeover. We miss you misners!

Christen, Doug and Dillon said...

Good work! I love the mirror but I think you should leave the leopard pictures in...very chic! Miss you guys!

shellydinger said...

That is unbelievable! Truly amazing deals. (that mirror is awesome) I don't think I'd every find anything like that at a Pitt yard sale, and believe me - I've tried.